Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cindy Ella- Robin Palmer


My rating: 3/5
Summary: from amazon

Prom fever has infected LA—especially Cindy’s two annoying stepsisters, and her overly Botoxed stepmother. Cindy seems to be the only one immune to it all. But her anti-prom letter in the school newspaper does more to turn Cindy into Queen of the Freaks than close the gap between the popular kids and the rest of the students. Everyone thinks she’s committed social suicide, except for her two best friends, the yoga goddess India and John Hughes–worshipping Malcolm, and shockingly, the most popular senior at Castle Heights High and Cindy’s crush, Adam Silver. Suddenly Cindy starts to think that maybe her social life could have a happily ever after. But there’s still the rest of the school to deal with. With a little bit of help from an unexpected source and a fabulous pair of heels, Cindy realizes that she still has a chance at a happily ever after.

Review:

Super Cute! Cindy Ella was a cute Cinderella story. If I could compare it to anything it would be the actual movie, a Cinderella story, with Hillary Duff in it. I found that the two stories were very familiar. Then again most Cinderella stories have the step sisters along with the stepmother, and then of course our prince charming.

Overall, I found that this book was a nice and light to read. The characters were done well, I especially love the attitude of Cindy. I also enjoyed the Instant Messaging conversations she would have. I recommend this to anyone looking for a fun and cute read.

3 comments:

Shalonda said...

This sounds like a really cute book!

♔ jessica.marie said...

Hmmm I may have to look into this one since I loved the movie A Cinderella Story. Thanks for the review! :)

Alexis said...

It was an great book! I loved and thought it was soooo different than the movies, in a good way! It is my new favorite.