Monday, June 1, 2009

The Summoning- Kelly Armstrong

My Rating:5/5
Summary: from amazon

My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.
All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost—and the ghost saw me.
Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House . . . before its skeletons come back to haunt me.

Review:

My new favorite series, Darkest Powers! This is the first of the series and I immediately fell in love with it. I mean who wouldn't love the girl who sees dead people? Chloe is the cute girl goes to Lyle house to only find out that she is not as crazy as she and the nurses are keep telling her. From the other kids in the house she learns a lot about her situation and others like hers.

The characters of course were done very well with the very talkative Liz, The mean and questionably crazy Tori, Sweet and trustworthy Simon, then big, quite, and smart Derek. Of course you have Chloe who is about 5 feet and looks like a kid ofton until she dies her hair with red streaks. She is always trying to do the right thing and is also very sweet.

Overall, a quick and very good read. Recommended to about everyone!

2 comments:

katie said...

I am also in love with this series. The Summoning was so good and The Awakening was even better. Great review!

KD said...

Katie:

isn't it amazing! and you are so right when saying the sequal is even better