Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Love you Hate you Miss you- Elizabeth Scott

My rating- 3.5/5
Summary: from amazon

Get this, I'm supposed to be starting a journal about "my journey." Please. I can see it now: Dear Diary, As I'm set adrift on this crazy sea called "life" . . . I don't think so.
It's been seventy-five days. Amy's sick of her parents suddenly taking an interest in her.
And she's really sick of people asking her about Julia. Julia's gone now, and she doesn't want to talk about it. They wouldn't get it, anyway. They wouldn't understand what it feels like to have your best friend ripped away from you.
They wouldn't understand what it feels like to know it's your fault.
Amy's shrink thinks it would help to start a diary. Instead, Amy starts writing letters to Julia.
But as she writes letter after letter, she begins to realize that the past wasn't as perfect as she thought it was—and the present deserves a chance too.

Review:

Love you. Hate you. Miss you. Is definitely one of my favorites of Elizabeth Scott. She writes about the realistic situations teens deal with all the time; drugs, death, drinking, sex, lying, and more unpleasant issues that most pretend are non-existent in our world today.

Elizabeth Scott writes of a troubled teenager girl, Amy. The whole story is based off of Amy trying to cope with the fact that her best friend is dead. Amy writes a journal of letters to Julia discussing memories, telling her that she is sorry, and about what is happening while she is not there.

This story was quite incredible and startling. It was definitely out of my usual range of books. I would recommend this to anyone who loved the book Cracked up to be.

Kd

4 comments:

Melanie said...

This book looks fairly interesting. It seems like there are a lot of books coming out about troubled teens. I'll have to add this to my wishlist!

Thao said...

Such a cool book. I wish I could read it. Thanks for the review.

Chelsie said...

I am BEYOND excited to read this... I'm borrowing it from Hope :)

And I love your last sentence, especially because Cracked Up to Be was an amazing novel that I absolutely adored and I am looking foward to reading more like it. :)

<3 Chelsie

Angie said...

That sounds like an interesting book. I'm going to add it to my to-read list.