Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Jessica's Guide to dating the Dark Side- Beth Fantaskey

My rating: 5/5
Summary: from Barnes and noble

The undead can really screw up your senior year . . .

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancĂ©. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.

Review:

Love, Love, Loved it! I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed reading Jessica's Guide. Beth Fantaskey is truly amazing. I loved the way she wrote this book, it included almost all my favorite things!!! I mean vampire royalty, secret princess, old castles, a tall dark and Handsome prince, a pact, evil plot, Romania, and did I mention Vampires? This is basically your vampire Cinderella story.

First, I loved almost all the characters, however I would have loved to see more personality in some of them. I thought that Jessica and Lucius were done very well, but I would have loved to see Jessica's uncles and family have more personality and Lucius's evil uncles have more scenes and personality.

Second, I really liked the letters from Lucius to his uncle. They definitely added more character and personality to him, as he is confessing what is taking place on his mission. We also get his point of view on some events, which is very nice!

Overall, I loved almost everything about this book! The plot, characters, and basically everything was great! I definitely recommend it and would love to see more from Beth Fantaskey. For instance.... A sequel???

Kd

3 comments:

Adele said...

Hey KD! I cannot agree with you enough, I absolutely loved Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Darkside. I think anyone would who read it, obviously not enough.

I agree that the letters were very much integral to the awesomeness that is Lucius. But I love that our heroine is strong, capable and extremely snarky. I would definitely be interested in reading a sequel but for now, I am just excited about the upcoming BF title - Jekel vs Hyde. Yay Beth.

B.A.M. Book Reviews said...

I'm so sick of reading the good reviews on this book and not having enough cash to buy it! But I can't read it! I still have like 14 books to read before I buy anymore lol. This book looks incredible, I really want to go buy it. Like right now. Great review :)

-Briana

Jessica said...

I LOVE this book too!!! There's an award for you on my blog eatsleepdanceread.blogspot.com
Here's the rules:
1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Congrats!