Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wake- Lisa McMann

My Review: 5/5

Summary: from amazon

Not all dreams are sweet.

For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.

Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....

Review:

This book, for starters, was amazing! Never read anything like it before. Completely original to me. A person who visits other peoples dreams seemed like a pretty weird idea to me at first. However, once I kept reading I couldn't stop! Just reading about the dreams that Janie got sucked into was fascinating in itself without everything else going on in this book.

Like I said the idea for this book was simply amazing. Then you had the equally amazing characters. Janie, the girl getting sucked into others dreams, and then Cable who is the sweetest guy on the planet! I especially liked how the author made the dreams in the book so you knew what was happening at what time at night or during the day.

Overall, I loved this one, Lisa McMann is a great author, and I can't wait to read the other books in this series! I also wrote this at midnight, at thought that it was fitting for the book... after the fact that I did it. Sweet Dreams.

Kd

6 comments:

Sadako said...

I've heard soo many great things about this book. Yet another reminder how I need to read it!

Insert Book Title Here said...

I really NEED to pick this one up. I keep hearing about how great it is.

KD said...

It is really good! You guys should both go pick it up right now! :D

Em said...

I loved this book! and Fade is just as good!

There's an award for you at my blog... :-)

Danielle said...

I love this book. You need to read the sequel!

Aimee said...

I agree with everyone saying that they loved this book! I really need to read the sequel.
I love that you abbreviate your name KD because my best friend does the same thing.
ALSO!I gave you an award for your blog. Check it out at http://abookdork.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-first-award.html