Monday, April 13, 2009

Swim the fly- Don Calame

My Rating: 5/5
Summary: from Amazon
Fifteen-year-old Matt Gratton and his two best friends, Coop and Sean, always set themselves a summertime goal. This year's? To see a real-live naked girl for the first time — quite a challenge, given that none of the guys has the nerve to even ask a girl out on a date. But catching a girl in the buff starts to look easy compared to Matt's other summertime aspiration: to swim the 100-yard butterfly (the hardest stroke known to God or man) as a way to impress Kelly West, the sizzling new star of the swim team.

Review:

This book? Hilarious! I have never laughed more reading a book than I have with "Swim the Fly". I truly could not contain myself while reading this, I also received stares and weird looks because of it. Its the cutest story of these awkward teenage boys who get themselves into all kinds of trouble throughout the book.

The characters were all equally well done. All of the main characters were hilarious in their own way. You had Matt, who gets in over his head to try to impress a girl, Coop who is all too eager too achieve the boys new summer goal and will go to any extent to get it, Sean with his lame and innocent comebacks, and Matt's grandfather who is trying ask out the old lady across the street who was recently widowed.

Overall, this book was the funniest book I have ever read. It was very well done. I can't wait to read or watch more from Don Calame as he was also the screen writer of "Employee of the Month"

Kd

3 comments:

Jen said...

Heard good things about this one ^_^ Do you find it John Green-esque at all?

Sadako said...

This sounds really funny. Did not know he wrote Employee of the Month also.

KD said...

Jen:

lol I havn't been able to read paper towns yet or any thing else, but I hope to read them soon.

Sadako:

lol no i didn't know that either! I was pretty excited to learn that interesting fact. :D