Sunday, April 26, 2009

My compulsive buys from Barnes and Noble

Well... I kinda sort of have this problem with buying books....every time when I am close or not close to a bookstore. I'm sure I am not the only one with this "problem" as my family and some friends call it. They all think I'm insane. But I bought two books today! woot :D ...after being restrained by my grandma who wouldn't let me buy the 5 0r 6 books that I originally wanted to buy. This was after my reducing of my pile which consisted of about 18 books. But here are the two...
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Rule #3: Don’t stare at invisible faeries. Aiislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty—especially if they learn of her Sight—and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don’t speak to invisible faeries. Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don’t ever attract their attention. But it’s too late. Keenan is the Summer King who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost—regardless of her plans or desires.

The Summoning by Kelly Armstrong
Chloe Saunders sees dead people. Yes, like in the films. The problem is, in real life saying you see ghosts gets you a one-way ticket to the psych ward. And at 15, all Chloe wants to do is fit in at school and maybe get a boy to notice her. But when a particularly violent ghost haunts her, she gets noticed for all the wrong reasons. Her seemingly crazed behaviour earns her a trip to Lyle House, a centre for 'disturbed teens'. At first Chloe is determined to keep her head down. But then her room mate disappears after confessing she has a poltergeist, and some of the other patients also seem to be manifesting paranormal behaviour. Could that be a coincidence? Or is Lyle House not quite what it seems...? Chloe realizes that if she doesn't uncover the truth, she could be destined for a lifetime in a psychiatric hospital. Or could her fate be even worse...? Can she trust her fellow students, and does she dare reveal her dark secret?

9 comments:

Lalaland said...

Addicted aren't you? =P I like the The Summoning. It was good. Oh, after you read The Summoning, Kelley has a Livejournal where she posts sort of like a side story.

Insert Book Title said...

I have that problem, but with no one to help me contain it! It's a good thing till I get the credit card bill. :(

I hope you enjoy Wicked Lovely. It's amazing.

prophecygirl said...

I'm glad there are lots of people addicted to book buying, and not just me! WL is brilliant, I hope you enjoy it!

Michelle said...

I love compulsive buys haha. The Summoning is really great. Happy reading! :D

Aimee said...

I have the same problem and I work in a bookstore. It is sooooo hard not to spend my entire paycheck at work.
I kept staring at both those books at work yesterday and it was so hard not to buy them...

Laina said...

I haven't seen the inside of a bookstore in.... uh... at least five or six years. I'd be scaaaaared to see me in one now :P

Laina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katie said...

Both of those are really good books. Hope you like them!

B.A.M. Book Reviews said...

I have the same problem! It's even in my "about me" lol.

-Briana