Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Deadly Little Secret- Laurie Farau Stolarz

My rating: 4/5

Summary: from amazon

Some secrets shouldn't be kept...

Up until three months ago, everything in sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades; an okay relationship with her parents; and a pretty cool part-time job at the art studio downtown. But when Ben, the mysterious new guy, starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes anything but ordinary.

Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe the rumors, even when her friends try to convince her otherwise. She's inexplicably drawn to Ben...and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help--but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something... but he's not the only one with a secret.

Review:

This was one of my first mystery books. This book kept you guessing the whole time, I loved it! This was one of the very few books that I couldn't guess the ending for. I kept on assuming things in this book that should not have been assumed.

I loved the characters in this book. One of Camelia's friends, Kimmie, had me laughing the whole time. She is the typical hilarious crazy friend who loves guys and gossip. Then Wes the typical guy who only has girls for friends. Then you finaly have my favorite character... Ben! Who is so sweet, mysterious, and misunderstood.

I absolutely adored this book and can't wait to read the rest of the "Touch" series. I recommend this to people who liked "Wake" or "Evermore", or anyone who loves a good mysterious book.

Kd

7 comments:

prophecygirl said...

Nice review! I really enjoyed this one too, and am looking forward to the sequel :)

Insert Book Title Here said...

It sounds good. Good review!

Hope. said...

Yuppp, borrowing this from you. Sometime. :p

Sadako said...

This looks really great. I love the cover, too. Good review!

Silvia said...

I loved this book too and I can't wait to read "Deadly Little Lies" but we have to wait until december!


Ah, I just found your blog. It looks amazing so I've become a followerÂș

YA Book Realm said...

I really liked this book also!!
Lol I agree Camelia's friend's were so funny. Laurie Stolarz's writing is just fantastic!!!

Ashley said...

I can't wait to reaad this. I recently was able to buy it. Woot!