Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Along for the Ride- Sarah Dessen

My Rating: 5/5

Summary:

It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.
A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.

Review:

This is my absolute favorite of Sarah Dessen's so far! Well I haven't read all of her books yet, but I cannot see how any of them could be as good as this one! The whole Idea of it just hit home for me. I read this while we were having a snowstorm.... lets just say that this book was my get away. I just kept wishing I was there on those sandy beaches instead of sitting on my couch in Michigan where we get excited when its not below freezing!

This book wasn't exactly the fastest read for me, but that doesn't make it any less great. In fact I am glad that It took me a while to read so that I could enjoy being in Auden's world for a while, instead of my own cold and damp one. (wow that sounded really cheesy! I need to stop watching my moms soaps with her) Anyway this book was amazing from the characters to the plot to basically EVERYTHING!

Overall, I believe that everyone should go out and buy this book right now! If it wasn't obvious earlier, I really did love this book. I can't wait to read more by Sarah Dessen!


Kd

10 comments:

bookloverforever. said...

Ahhh I am so Jealous! How did you get Along for the Ride?!

Bookworm said...

Oooh you are so lucky you have a copy....I am dying to read this one....actually I haven't read ANY of Sarah Dessen's books. They all sound good but especially this one in particular! (:

KD said...

bookloverforever:

lol yes I am just lucky, my friend Hope from Hopes Bookshelf got a copy in the mail. Which meant that after she read it I got to steal it form her :]

Bookworm:

lol yeah I stole/borrowed it form Hope when she was done with it. :] And you should definitly read sarah dessen she is AMAZING!

Ashley said...

I want this sooooo badly! How did you get it?! :)

Ashley said...

Nevermind. I read how you got it. :) hehe

Hope. said...

Yessss, I do agree that it was amazing. :D

(Aren't you gald you gave me back Perfect Chemistry so you can still borrow books from me? lol. :p)

hope.

KD said...

no i am not happy that I gave it back to you. However, I will just have to live with the fact that you own perfect chemistry and I do not...yet. :] lol

Michelle said...

I'm so jealous that you got this! I totally can't wait for this to come out. It sounds amazing! =D

Kate said...

This book looks really good.I hope you will let me borrow it. lol Great review, can't wait to read it!

Sadako said...

Yeah, I wish I had one--I've been seeing good things about this all over the web.