Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen


Summary: Barnes and Noble

When Annabel, the youngest of three beautiful sisters, has a bitter falling out with her best friend-the popular and exciting Sophie-she suddenly finds herself isolated and friendless. but then she meets Owen-a loner, passionate about music and his weekly radio show, and always determined to tell the truth. And when they develop a friendship, Annabel is not only introduced to new music but is encouraged to listen to her own inner voice. with Owen's help, can Annabel find the courage to speak out about what exactly happened the night her friendship with Sophie came to a screeching halt?


Review:

This book was amazing! Words truly cannot describe how I feel about this book. (Even thou I am trying to right now) At first in the beginning I will admit that I just thought it was okay and nothing special. My friend told me it was wonderful so I gave it a shot. I really couldn't see what was so special at first. However, as I kept reading I couldn't stop. I felt that I could really relate to this girl somehow. This wasn't just your typical book for me. I felt that I could really understand what Annabel was going through.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I recommend it to just about everyone! Sarah Dessen is amazing I can't wait to read some of her other books!

14 comments:

stargirlreads said...

I recently bought this book

Hope. said...

I just have four words: I told you so.

:)

I will now shut up. :)

Katie said...

Stargirlreads

It is really good. Make sure you read it! :D

Hope

I have two words to say to you: You did.
:D lol

and yes you may shut up now. lol jk :D

Ashley said...

I love this one!

Hope. said...

Well, gee, thanks. :p
You must tell me what you get at the bookstore tonight, too! E-mail me right when you get back. :p (Oh, and I guess it'll be okay if you tell me what your dress looks like, too. haha.)

Katie said...

Ashley

Yes I loved it too! :D

Hope.

Well I kinda already told you on the phone but... just in case I got "Gone" "marked" and "playing with the boys" The Kate got "3 willows" and some others I forgot that I wanted to steal from her too. :D

prophecygirl said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this book, Sarah Dessen is amazing.

I hope you like The Truth About Forever!

Adele said...

Hey Katie, glad you love it. It's my favourite of Sarah Dessen's novels and I can't wait to start blogging my responses over at the SD Diarist. Reading Sarah's novels are always a treat, definitely check out The Truth About Forever and This Lullaby too.

Bookworm said...

I've heard a lot of great things about Sarah, but her books don't really look my style. I might have to try Lock and Key, though. It looks amazing. (:

Katie said...

Prophecygirl

I agree! Sarah Dessen is amazing :D I really can't wait to read the Truth About Forever!

Adele

This was definitly one of my favorites of sarahs as well! and I saw both of those at the bookstore today but couldn't buy them being the poor teenager that I am :)

Katie said...

BookWorm

Lock and Key is my favorites! Its my first and favorite book of hers :D I hope you try it out!

Adele said...

Ahh yes being a poor teenager, I remember those days. I tell you what though, the more money you have the more books you buy! Happy SD reading.

Laurel said...

I loved this book, and I'll do a link exchange with you.
-Laurel

Hope. said...

Ooh, I might have to steal 3 Willows from Kate, too! :)