Thursday, January 1, 2009

Stealing Heaven- Elizabeth Scott


Summary: Amazon

My name is Danielle. I'm eighteen. I've been stealing things for as long as I can remember.

Dani has been trained as a thief by the best—her mother. Together, they move from town to town, targeting wealthy homes and making a living by stealing antique silver. They never stay in one place long enough to make real connections, real friends—a real life.

In the beach town of Heaven, though, everything changes. For the first time, Dani starts to feel at home. She's making friends and has even met a guy. But these people can never know the real Dani—because of who she is. When it turns out that her new friend lives in the house they've targeted for their next job and the cute guy is a cop, Dani must question where her loyalties lie: with the life she's always known—or the one she's always wanted.


Review:

Stealing Heaven was amazing! I loved basically everything about it. The only parts I disliked about it was the ending and how she didn't get the chance to make up with Allison. But under the circumstances I guess this was somewhat unrealistic. Besides this I loved the characters of this story, especially Greg who sounds like the greatest guy ever! I also loved how Dani handles herself and how she wants more from life than just stealing other peoples possessions.

Overall, Stealing Heaven is a good book to read. I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed reading Lock and Key. Somehow I found these two books similar in their stories of girls finding their way who came from terrible homes.


Kaite.

14 comments:

Bookworm said...

I hated this book at first-it was slow and I was bored. When I hit the middle, I started enjoying it. It picked up the pace and I loved the dialogue and unique plot! Nice review.
Happy New Year!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Happy New year to you too!

Katie

I had to delete my other comment because I can't spell but that really isn't new. :)

Hope. said...

This book is really good! All of her books are good, though. Did you get any other ones by Elizabeth Scott for Christmas?

(And she really can't spell. You should see some of her spelling. It's kinda funny. haha.)

hope.

Katie said...

Thanks Hope you always like to rub my imperfections in my face. (I think I spelled that right?) lol :)

And I did get her other book "Perfect You" for christmas! I also Just got one of your favorite books for christmas that your gonna hate me for! lol :)

But Im not gonna tell you what iti is till later cuz I know It will just drive you insane, and I feel like being evil today! muhahah

Katie.

Ashley said...

This sounds good. And I really enjoyed Lock and Key too!

Alea said...

I really want to read this one, I'm waiting for the paperback!

I've just added your link onto my site! So consider us link exchanged!

Hope. said...

Yes, it was spelt right. :p You have to admit that your spelling is funny sometimes, though. lol. Perfect You! Oh my goodness... that one's my favorite. :)

Is it Just Listen? Hm. You are gonna drive me crazy, lol. So you better tell me sometime today. :p

hope.

Katie said...

Ashley

I agree both books were wonderful and I tried commenting on one of you reviews but it wouldn't let me for some reason?

Alea

I just added your link too, so we are now officially link excnanged!:D

Hope

Yes I know my creative spelling is qutie entertaining and Yes it is Just Listen :)

Katie

Hope. said...

Woooottt! You should go and start reading it right now. :]

stargirlreads said...

I wanna read this one!

The Not So Closet Geeks said...

I love Stealing Heaven! I got lucky and won a signed copy in an Elizabeth Scott contest a couple of months ago.

I'd love to do a link exchange! I only started a blog list thing today, so you'll be one of the first. Our link is http://not-so-cg.blogspot.com

~bella aire~

YA Book Realm said...

I read and review this a while ago, I really liked this one too! and I found Elizabeth Scott's writing similar to Sarah Dessen too, which a very very good thing.

I would love to do link exchange. I've added you already. =)

Hope you had a Happy New Years too!
-May

Liv said...

This is such a great book. :)
I'd love to do a link exchange!