Saturday, January 3, 2009

City of Bones- Cassandra Clare


Summary: From borders.com

Their hidden world is about to be revealed....

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.

Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Review:

I got this book because one of my friends recommended it for me and it looked like an interesting book. At first I put off reading it for other books that I thought would be better reads. After a couple of other books read I decided that I should maybe look at this new book. I had no intention of actually reading it right then I was just curious as to why my friend liked it so much. After reading the first couple of pages I was hooked, and I couldn't stop reading it!

This book was great, but I found it sometimes a little predictable in some parts. There were only a few parts that surprised me, but that really doesn't make the book any less great. I might just be a really good guesser, however unlikely that may be. The other part that bothered me was the ending. But now that I have already read the second book (which I will review later :] ) I now see why she had to do what she did to keep things interesting.

Overall, I really did love this book and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a little science fiction- fantasy-romance-comedy.

P.S.- This is really saying something about how much I liked this book since I just finished the Twilight series a week ago and totally fell in love with it! I found it hard to think about anything but Twilight for a while, but I slowly got over it. ( Fellow readers will know when I say that it is hard to find a good book after reading a good series.) lol :)

Katie

6 comments:

stargirlreads said...

never read this but hmmm

Hope. said...

I told you you would like it Katie! Can you bring me City of Ashes to school on Monday? I need to take my copy from the library back, and it won't let me renew it. Gr.

Thanksss. And I'm glad you liked it! :D

hope.

Chelsie said...

Oh, eek! My feelings for this book... ah, it was fantastic. Like you, I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but after hearing from sooo many other bloggers that it was fantastic, I knew that I should form my own opinion... and wow, it was great.

Glad you enjoyed it!

And I know EXACTLY what you mean about finding a good book after Twilight... I finished rereading Twilight a week before the movie came out and I was in a Twilight frenzy, I couldn't think about anything else!

<3 Chelsie
bookloverreviews.blogspot.com

robin_titan said...

I read this book last year and also found it to be a bit predictable but I did like it a lot, except the ending the ending drove me crazy! I can't bring myself to finish reading the second one though, I really should give it a second shot.

Katie said...

Hope.

You were right I did love this book! see you tommarow :)

Chelsie

lol! I know right but I feel like that after any good book thou :)
I can't wait for her next book to come out in march!

Robin_Titan

This book was perdictable, Im glad know to find that it wasn't just me.

... But finnish the second book... It gets a lot better and in the end you can guess at what comes in the next book which is very good!(concerning our dissapointment in the ending of the first one) :)

Katie

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣商品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰,充氣娃娃,按摩棒,跳蛋,潤滑液,SM道具,SM,情趣內衣,情趣,角色扮演,丁字褲,吊帶襪,電動按摩棒,G點,巨乳,性感睡衣