Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pirates - Celia Rees


Summary from Amazon:

Nancy Kington, a wealthy merchant’s daughter living in Bristol, England in the early 1700’s, is sometimes lonely but enjoys the privileges her father’s business brings. Minerva Sharpe is a penniless slave’s daughter living and working on the Kington’s Jamaican plantation. These two young women, united through a set of extraordinary circumstances including a brutal murder, an arranged marriage, and set of ruby earrings, find themselves sailing the high seas in search of love, adventure and freedom—as pirates!

Review:

This book had a slow start and was sometimes hard to follow. There were also some parts that were dull in this story.

However, I thought that this book was very good. This book has an interesting plot and characters. Throughout the book you will find yourself wondering what will happen next. This book is very similar to the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean". This book, however, has a very different plot.

Overall the book was pretty good. If you love pirates, adventure, and action then this book is for you.

5 comments:

Hope. said...

You told me that this was a good book... so I should check it out. Maybe loan me a copy sometime?

hope. :)

Chelsie said...

This book is amazing... it's one of my favorites (or used to be, at least). It was a perfect blend of action and romance...

*sigh* Will... :D

Hope. said...

Mmm, hot guys make it sound even better.

Why did you not tell me about the hot guys, Katie?

Katie said...

lol! I thought I mentioned that, but I guess I didn't.

I'll let you borrow it soon.

Hope. said...

lol, that's okay. :)
AND I'M NOT GOING TO FORGET THE BOOK TOM.! I'M PUTTING IT IN MY BACKPACK RIGHT NOW!
:D

i just remembered, lol.