Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lock and Key- By Sarah Dessen



Ruby, where is your mother?

Ruby knows that the game is up. For the past few months, shes been on her own in the yellow house, managing somehow, knowing that her mother will probably never return. That's how she comes to live with Cora, the sister she hasn't seen in ten years, and Cora's husband Jamie, whose down-to-earth demeanor makes it hard for Ruby to believe he founded the most popular networking Web site around. A luxurious house, fancy private school, a new wardrobe, the promise of college and a future its a dream come true. So why is Ruby such a reluctant Cinderella, wary and defensive? And why is Nate, the genial boy next door with some secrets of his own, unable to accept the help that Ruby is just learning to give?


Review:

This book is the first book I have read by Sarah Dessen and I absolutely loved it! I really cannot even say anything that was bad about it. Maybe there was 1 or 2 parts in the book that I felt were a little dull, but besides that his book was a good read. As I read this story I felt that the author really knew what she was talking about and could really connect and relate to her audience.


Overall, this book was pretty good and I can't wait to read other books she has written such as "Just Listen" which is on my list of books to read.


Katie.

9 comments:

Bookworm said...

I really want to read this one--it looks fab!
(: Bookworm

PS. By the way, I'd love to do a link exchange. I've linked to your page on my blog and now I'm following you! (: Happy New Year!

Katie said...

This book was really good and I have added your link to my page as well. :)

Katie.

Hope. said...

I knew you would like Sarah Dessen. :] Just Listen is WONDERFULFANSASTICAWESOME! You should get it. 'Cause I don't have that one, lol.

hope.

The Book Obsession said...

This book was GREAT =]
would you like to do a link exchange? bookworm0440.blogspot.com

Ellie said...

I JUST bought Just Listen today at the library. And I have also read "This Lullaby", and Someone Like You, and I also own That Summer. I just won this book in a contest, so I'm delighted to hear that you liked it!

Thanks for your comment!

Happy new year!

Ellie

Kaylee. said...

I haven't read this book by Sarah Dessen yet, but it's on my list. You should also check out "Someone Like You", because it's also an amazing book.

-Kaylee.

robin_titan said...

I NEED to read this book!!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Just Listen has been on my list for awhile...I have yet to read anything by Sarah Dessen and I really want too. Great review!!

Lauren

Michelle said...

This book is really great as is any Sarah Dessen book. If you haven't already read The Truth About Forever or This Lullaby, I highly recommend them. :D