Friday, December 5, 2008

Evernight - Claudia Grey


Summary from amazon.com:

Bianca wants to escape. She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in. Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful--even when it comes to caring about him. ""I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you,"" he tells Bianca, ""and eventually they would."" But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.

Review:

At some parts of this book the story moved along fast and then abruptly slowed down. I thought that at some points she did not explain things very well.

I thought that this book was very interesting and exciting at times. I think that this was a twisted version of Twilight. I just finished Twilight and found many similarities between the two. The characters seemed to grow as the story progressed and I found that I couldn't stop reading it.

Overall, I thought that this book was pretty good. I recommend it for you to read.

Katie.

4 comments:

Chelsie said...

I've wanted to read this book so badly for the longest time... I think I'd really like it! Glad to see you did...

And of course I'll do a link exchange!

<3 Chelsie
bookloverreviews.blogspot.com

Melissa Walker said...

"The characters seemed to grow as the story progressed and I found that I couldn't stop reading it."

Sounds like a good book to me! Welcome to book blogging. Yay!

anotherpageisused said...

hey!
i love ur blog.
link exchange?

Lexi <3.

Ashley said...

I started this, but didn't finish it. I'm going to try to start again though!